Cal Coast Mobile Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
What is mobile deposit?
Mobile deposit is a free and convenient feature in the California Coast Mobile banking app that allows you to deposit a check into your account using your mobile device and saves you a visit to the branch.
Is mobile deposit safe?
Absolutely! Check deposits made through Cal Coast Mobile are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, be sure to log out when you are finished.
Am I eligible to use mobile deposit?
To be eligible for mobile deposit, you'll need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an eligible California Coast account that's in good standing.
- You must be enrolled in Cal Coast Online and Cal Coast Mobile
- You must have a compatible mobile device with internet access and a camera
If you see a message on your device indicating that you're not eligible to use mobile deposit, please call a California Coast representative at (877) 495-1600.
How can I get mobile deposit?
If you use Cal Coast Mobile, you'll see a notification on your mobile device to download the updated iPhone or Android Cal Coast Mobile app which includes the free mobile deposit feature. After you download the app and accept the terms and conditions, the mobile deposit option will appear. If you're not a Cal Coast Mobile user, enroll now.
How do I enroll?
To use mobile deposit, you must first be enrolled in Cal Coast Online and Cal Coast Mobile and use our mobile app. So, if you're already using Cal Coast Mobile, download the updated iPhone or Android app now.
If you're enrolling for the first time, follow the steps below and then download our
Step 1) First, enroll in Cal Coast Online.
- Click the "Sign Up" link at the top of the page to begin. You'll be asked to validate your identity, as part our online security, and accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose your security questions; select a security phrase and a security picture.
- Check your email for a one-time, 6-digit PIN. Use this 6-digit PIN to log in to Cal Coast Online within 30 minutes to complete the registration.
Step 2) Next, download the Cal Coast Mobile app.
- Download our Cal Coast Mobile app from iTunes or Marketplace depending on your mobile device. Once the download is complete, you'll need to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Check your email for a one-time, 4-digit PIN. Add this 4-digit PIN to the end of your Cal Coast Online password to sign in to mobile banking (first time only.)
- Click on mobile deposit to begin your deposit.
Which mobile devices can I use?
Mobile deposit will work on your iPhone iOS 4.3 and above, iPad 3 and above, iPod iOS 4.3 and above and Android phone or tablet. Your mobile device must have a camera.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
It's easy! Open the Cal Coast Mobile app, select mobile deposit and follow the prompts that are presented to you.
- Select the account to receive the deposit and enter the dollar amount
- Take a photo of the front and back of the endorsed check
- Review your deposit info and click submit to finish
How will I know if the deposit was successful?
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that we've received your deposit.
Is there a fee to use mobile deposit?
No. Mobile deposit is part of our free Cal Coast Mobile banking service. Check with your wireless provider to determine if data and text messaging rates apply.
What should I do with the check after I deposit it?
- After depositing your check, please write "Mobile deposit on MM/DD/YYYY" on the front of the check.
- We recommended you retain any deposited check for 7 days. After the 7 days, you should securely destroy the check.
When will my account be credited?
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you'll receive onscreen confirmation that we received your deposit. Your deposit will be reflected immediately, however, a hold may be applied at the time of your deposit. If your balance doesn't automatically update, you may need to refresh your screen, view transaction history, log out and then log back in to update your screen.
Is the money available immediately?
Your deposit will be reflected immediately; however, there may be a delay of availability before you can draw on those funds. An onscreen message will indicate if a check hold was applied.
Is there a limit on the amount or number of deposits I can make?
There's no limit to the number of deposits you can make each day as long as it doesn't exceed your individual daily limit and the 30 day limit of $10,000. You'll see your daily limit each time you make a deposit on your mobile device.
Where can I view the images of my checks?
Deposited checks can be viewed for 180 days by clicking on the History tab on your mobile device once you log in. Click on any transaction and you'll see a copy of the check along with the details.
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
Below are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Folded or torn corners
- Image of the front of your check is not legible
- Incorrect account numbers
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- Image is too dark
- Post-dated check
- Daily deposit item count or dollar amount exceeded
If you're still having trouble with your deposit, please bring your check to any California Coast branch for deposit. If you need further assistance, please call us at (877) 495-1600.