What’s better than free? Nothing! Cal Coast is not-for-profit, so we put our money into serving you better. That's why we offer Free Checking with eStatements—an account that's truly free. Minimum opening deposit of $25 and no monthly maintenance fee on this checking account.
A one-time $5 membership fee and savings account required.
*Check with your wireless provider to determine if data and text messaging rates apply.
Federally insured by NCUA.
Extra Value Checking gives you so much extra for practically nothing—just $3.95/month. Here’s to checking accounts with benefits!
We've partnered with one of the nation's most trusted names in identity theft protection to bring you Fraud Defender. If your identity is compromised or you suspect identity theft, a licensed and certified Fraud Specialist will serve as your personal advocate to restore your good name — no matter how long it takes. This also includes recovery for family, non-financial fraud coverage (such as medical and tax fraud) and up to $10,000 in related out-of-pocket expenses.*
Experts will continuously monitor your credit to keep you informed of any changes. Each year, you’ll also get access to a free credit report and credit score. Plus, we make it easy for you to request your additional free credit reports from the three major credit bureaus every year.
Store your confidential information, including passwords, account numbers and passport information for safekeeping. Your credentials are securely stored and available on demand, and they can be monitored for added security.
We'll waive the fees on two withdrawals each month at ATMs outside our CO-OP® Network.**
Apply for a consumer loan and receive special discounts—auto, boat, motorcycle, RV, and signature.†
Extra Value Checking is loaded with lots of free features that make checking accounts—and your life—so much easier. Like free branch transactions, free California Coast ATM and CO-OP Network transactions, free Bill Pay and much more.
Already have an Extra Value Checking account? Activate your account or login here.
*Identity theft insurance underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described.
**ATM fee waivers do not include those fees charged by banks outside the CO-OP network.
†Members in good standing may receive loan rate adjustment upon funding. Excludes Visa card or Lines of Credit. Actual rate discount based on market conditions. Discount does not apply to promo rates or terms and cannot be combined with other offers. Subject to change without notice. Federally insured by NCUA. To view full terms and conditions for the Fraud Defender program please click here.
††Check with your wireless provider to determine if data and text messaging rates apply.
Identity theft can happen to anyone, and it can come in all shapes and sizes. According to the FTC, there are more than 30 types of identity theft affecting millions of Americans each year.
Our Extra Value Checking comes with Fraud-Defender.
The core ID protection component of our new Extra Value Checking is our Fully Managed Recovery services, administered by certified, professional Fraud Specialists. Our recovery services cover all types of identity theft including financial and non financial fraud such as medical fraud, bank and credit card fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, employment fraud and phone and utilities fraud.
Plus, if your identity theft event affects a family member, they are covered too. And family member benefits extend up to 12 months after death. Eligible family members include:
Depending on your identity fraud event, your Fraud Specialist will take some or all of the following steps.
In addition, there are more identity fraud protection features available to you as an Extra Value Checking member.
Open your Extra Value Checking today! Come in or call us at (877) 495-1600.
1. Services are provided to eligible consumers as part of a group services agreement ("Group Plan") and will be extended to all Extra Value Checking account holders at the discretion of California Coast Credit Union and may be cancelled upon 30 days notice to the account holder.
2. Services extend to named Extra Value Checking account holders and their spouse or domestic partner, dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent address (including students and military), any IRS-qualified dependents, and parents of the consumer with the same permanent address or in an elder care facility (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice). The services continue to provide coverage for up to 12 months after death.
3. Services have no cash equivalent, are non-transferable, and non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan).
4. Provider Services do not cover financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
5. Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to California Coast Credit Union on or after the effective date of the Group Plan.
6. Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
7. Recovery Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the consumer or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
8. California Coast Credit Union and/or its service provider of the identity theft recovery services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
9. NXG AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT PROVIDE CREDIT COUNSELING OR REPAIR TO CREDIT THAT HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY FRAUD OR IDENTITY THEFT.
10. Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
11. Services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc., www.merchantsinfo.com, or an alternate Service Provider selected at the sole discretion of California Coast Credit Union.
An Ultra Performance Checking account really pays off with higher dividends, extra savings and a whole lot more. Enjoy checking convenience and liquidity, and special family bonuses. All it takes is just $1,000 to open the account. We'll waive the $20 monthly maintenance fee with a $15,000 daily balance.
Convenience to the max
With special family benefits, bonuses and discounts, you and your family* can get a 0.15% bonus on select certificates and a 0.25% discount on select loans.
*Family benefits restricted to immediate family members. Family member must have an open, active checking account to qualify. Both your Ultra Performance Checking and your family member's checking must remain open and active for the length of the loan or certificate to continue receiving special rates. Bonuses not applicable to existing Certificate or loan accounts and new money is required. Ultra Performance checking bonuses and discounts cannot be combined together with other account discounts or with select special rate offers.
**Check with your wireless provider to determine if data and text messaging rates apply. Federally insured by NCUA.
Don’t have a lot of money? Just getting started? Your money can still earn interest with Dividend Checking. A minimum opening deposit of $25 is required. We’ll waive the $8 monthly maintenance fee with a $1,500 daily balance.
*Check with your wireless provider to determine if data and text messaging rates apply. Federally insured by NCUA.
Each California Coast checking account comes with a FREE California Coast Platinum Debit MasterCard®. It’s a “must-have” wherever you go—because it gives you 24/7 access to your cash and lets you make purchases wherever you see the MasterCard logo. Whether for cash on the go or for purchases, our card fraud protection program always protects you and your money!
Of course, your money is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). For added protection, you can obtain additional coverage on multiple accounts if you have different ownership interests or rights in different types of accounts.
By continuing, you will be leaving the CCCU website. We are not responsible for the content or security of other websites.
Our members are our most valuable asset. That’s why everything we do — from the accounts, loans and rates we offer, to the personalized caring attention we provide — is designed to help you to achieve your goals.